Tuesday, March 6, 2012

smartphones

We have officially entered the world of smartphones. Yes. Its true. We have never really seen the point or need for a smartphone. What? Is it supposed to make you feel smart or something? The thing that has really turned us off of the whole smartphone thing is seeing people EVERYWHERE (the mall, the park, the grocery store, in the car, sitting in a room full of company, etc.) with their eyes glued to their phones instead of their kids, the road, the people around them , the beautiful scenery, etc.

 But alas, our phone contracts ended and if there was ever a time to get a smartphone, I guess this was it. We got our new phones and totally felt overwhelmed. Was a phone supposed to do all these things? I mean, I was used to a phone that made phone calls and basic texts. I actually had to press buttons! Now I can gently slide my finger across the screen and it seems like the whole world is at my fingertips. Ben and I have vowed not to become "Those" types of people that are always on their phones. I can see how it can be addicting to search apps, play games, or check Facebook or email almost constantly...but we aren't going to give in!

There have been some positives to the whole smartphone thing though. We LOVE the lds gospel library app. Its so easy to just whip out our phones and look up a scripture or read a conference talk throughout the day. Also, we are loving the camera features. Instead of having to remember to bring our old digital camera places, we don't even have to think about it and we have nice cameras in our pockets that have better resolution than our digital camera anyways! And the cool part is there are tons of apps for photo editing right on the phone! Genius! We are starting to like our smartphones now. But somehow I am starting to miss the feeling of  holding my little old trusty cell and putting pressure on those buttons to make it work. After all, it helped strengthen my fingers for piano playing! ;)

Some cute pictures of the girls recently taken and edited from my phone.


Merrilee with her cousin
So, if you ever see Ben or I glued to our phones, please tell us to look up! :)

1 comment:

Song Brewer said...

Good luck in the world of phones! Just having a computer in the houses takes up so much of my time!