Thursday, March 29, 2012

Daily Music

I just thought I'd make a quick record of my musical happenings lately.
Listening
My daily listening usually consists of "Toddler Radio" streaming from Pandora. Some Faves...
- "The Wheels on the Bus"
- "Itsy, Bitsy Spider"
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

Singing
I am usually singing toddler songs all day long with Merrilee. Some of Merrilee's Faves...
-"Twinkle, Twinkle"
-"Clean up! Clean up!"
-"ABCs"
-"I am a Child of God"
On Thursdays I get to sing grown up music with the Orem chorale. Last Thursday we performed a masterwork, Mozart's Requiem. It was pretty fabulous.

Teaching
-I still sub in elementary music classrooms every now and then. Fun stuff!
-3 piano students
-2 guitar students
-2 babies and a husband ;)

Playing
-Recently, I've started trying to practice/play piano everyday...currently working on some Rachmaninoff piano preludes.
-Since I've started teaching guitar, I guess I better learn how to play! I've been trying to practice/play everyday. Currently working on different strumming/picking techniques.
-I have been released from being the primary pianist at church, now I am the Ward Choir pianist.

Sometimes I think I don't have enough music in my life; I mean after majoring in music and then being a full-time music teacher I literally had a "Career in Music". But after just now recording my music happenings as a now stay-at-home wife and mother, I realize music is still very much a part of my daily life and I am still blessed to be able to share this gift of music with others (most importantly my family!).

No comments: