Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A weekend wedding in Idaho

A couple weeks ago, Ben and I drove up with the girls to Idaho for my brother's wedding. The drive wasn't bad at all. We had clear weather and the girls were really good the whole drive up there (about 6-7 hour drive). We stayed in Boise on that Thurs. night and went out to eat with the whole family from our side and also Emily's parents. Friday, we all drove up into the mountains of Idaho to a fabulous little house tucked away in the snow! 

We had fun that night as we went over to the other house where Emily's family was staying and had pizza and then came back to our cabin and played games together as a family. The next morning my sister, mom, and I went over to the other house to help set up for the wedding while the guys stayed home and played/went sledding with the kids. We helped decorate the cake, made the bride's bouquet, helped with food, and arranging/decorating tables. 

The pretty cake
We went back to our cabin, got ready, and then came back to the bigger house for the main event! It was lovely! I'm so happy for my brother! :)


Merrilee's hair is getting so long!
My good looking brothers! My little brother officiated for my big brother's wedding! :)
Siblings. Great looking bunch!

I love the moose head!
The beautiful happy couple!
The whole family (Our side)
What a beautiful new family! :)
My cute sister + my cute baby = CUTE picture!
 We were happy we were able to be there for this special event and we are grateful to have Emily and her children join our family! We love you guys!

The ride home on Sunday was ok. Merrilee threw up as we were winding our way out of the mountains, but after that, she was fine.  We made it home safe and sound Sunday evening. It was a great family weekend!

No comments: