Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer up to the move

Well, I'd say it is about time for an update, so here it goes...
This summer we had a lot of fun both being unemployed and Ben only taking a couple classes. We had a lot of good times together. We went camping a few times with Merrilee and once with Adam and Kylie. We found some good places in Provo canyon and Springville canyon for hiking and camping. 

We also hiked the Y with Jesse...

Merrilee went swimming for the first time this summer and loved it!

Ben took History of Creativity this summer and for his final project he dressed up like Thomas Jefferson and sang "The Impossible Dream" from "The Man of La Mancha" with a patriotic slide show he put together. Of course I got to go and accompany him on the piano.  He looked quite authentic. :) I wish I could figure out how to upload videos because there is an awesome video of Ben in action at his final.  Everytime I try to upload it, it doesn't work. Darn.

Ben's family came into town at the beginning of August for a family reunion celebrating Grandpa Brewer's 80th Birthday.  Ben and I helped Grandpa put the final touches on his personal history with pictures and formatting and such.  We had a wonderful time getting to know him on a different level by helping him with that project. Uncle Ron took family pictures at the reunion...If I find them, I will [INSERT HERE]

The second week of August we started packing up our house and getting ready for our move to DC.  We are renting out our basement apartment while we are gone with the furniture and such in it so we don't have to worry about storage for the big items, which is nice. We got a lot of stuff done that week, including Merrilee's 6 month shots! We were nervous she would have an adverse reaction like she did from her 4 month shots, but everything was just fine, thankfully. On August 12 or somewhere around there, we drove to Washington state with Adam, Kylie, Me, Ben, and Merrilee in our 5 seater car. We did the 12 hour trip all in one day and Merrilee did just great until the last hour of the trip.  But hey, one grumpy hour out of 12-13 isn't bad! I had no complaints.  While in Washington we had a fun day trip to the Oregon Coast with Ben's family...We had a fun time on the beach, got some taffee in Seaside and climbed up the Astoria column. 

We also had a great time with my parents...We went to the Clark County Fair and watched diving dogs and the demolition derby, went to restaraunts, and I went shopping with my mom. Thanks to my mom, Merrilee now has some clothes that actually fit her! Thanks mom! :) My mom's new iphone has pictures of our time with them on it...so I can't put them on the blog right now. 

The next Friday, August 20, we packed the car with all 5 of us and made the trip back to Utah...Thus began our coast to coast road trip.  We made it back to Utah the same evening.  The next day, August 21, Heidi, one of my best friends got married! We had a great time attending all of the wedding events while packing in between.

The next day, Sunday, August 22, we finished packing up the house and car and started on our way to DC for Ben's internship!  The trip will probably be a separate post, so come back soon for more updates on our trip and what we've been up to these past couple weeks in the DC area!

3 comments:

Tess said...

I'm so bummed I didn't see you at Heidi's reception! Looks like it was quite the summer for you three. Little Merrilee just melts my heart...she's so cute!

The Brewers said...

Loved reading the update! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Watching Ben's final project WOULD have been a sight to behold. Grant and I went into a fit of laughter at his amazing costume. Can't wait for you guys to come back!!